Join a global open community of art experts, for free!
We do not approve artists as experts.
To be approved as expert you:
- Need to have an approved profession (see below)*
- Earn income with criticizing or dealing in contemporary art
- A minimum of 2 year of experience
- Follow our etiquette
New Master Artist has full and sole authorization which experts to approve or disapprove.
* Accepted experts: influencial art bloggers, professional gallerists, art dealers, art appraisers, art agents, art curators, art critic, art specialists, art advisors, art academy teachers (established academies / backgrounds). In exceptional cases we accept art collectors and art investors. We do not accept artists who are none of the above. NMA has the final and independent vote over approval of any expert.
- written feedback is highly appreciated
- we encourage feedback that can help buyers
- we encourage feedback that inspires artists to improve (even just a little)
- we may remove unappropriate feedback (as judged by NMA)
- we recommend giving advice or asking the artist for more information
- we advise experts to remain within their area of expertise
- experts know that artists can delete ratings by deleting artworks, or hide them
- report suspicious artworks that may be in violation (like offensive work)
- when you have an interest in the artwork or the artist, mention this in your rating
- inform NMA when you do not comply any more with any of the criteria
- when NMA thinks an expert does not follow etiquette, we contact you to discuss